As a history major and a Texas history geek, I love today.
The Texas Declaration of Independence was signed on March 2, 1836, declaring independence from Mexico, at Washington-on-the-Brazos near present day Brenham, TX.
Sam Houston (March 2, 1973-July 26, 1863) was the first President of the Republic of Texas and one of the two first US Senators after Texas’s annexation to the US in 1845. He was also the Commander-in-Chief of the Texas Army, an advocate for Native Americans like the Cherokee, and a serious Bad Ass Mother F*cker.
- jrdenson likes this
- drongszet likes this
- misscarousel likes this
- marabelledlacur reblogged this from redseapedestrian and added:
- marabelledlacur likes this
- shoebiedoo likes this
- texnessa reblogged this from redseapedestrian
- cosmonauttum reblogged this from redseapedestrian
- redseapedestrian posted this